Friday, November 11, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I decided to make one of my old favorites, oatmeal raisin cookies. Yesterday I thought, what better way than a nibble here and there on these cookies? I love them because they are buttery and tasty and I don't feel guilty about having one... or two.


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

 Yield 3 dozen

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup butter flavored shortening
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup raisins





Cream together butter, shortening, eggs, vanilla and brown and granulated sugar.


In a mixing bowl, add flower, brown sugar, salt and baking soda.

Mix until combined.


Add flour to creamed mixture.

Add 1 cup of and 3 cups of oats to batter, mix together evenly.

To ensure even sized cookies, use one teaspoon and one tablespoon to scoop and shape batter for baking. Bake for 10 -12 minutes at 350 degrees.

Enjoy a simple pleasure, I know I did!












2 comments:

Unknown said...

The recipe looks good, i'm always looking for a yummy oatmeal recipe! Hasani loves oatmeal, I may surprise him with these over the weekend, I think I'll try it with cranberries. I've been craving cranberries lately.

Three Little Birdz said...

Mrs. Chic - Cranberry Oatmeal Raisin sound delicious!