Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chicken with Mushroom Sauce



When I have had a rough day, I love to have comfort food to cheer me up. Since I am modifying my eating habits in hopes to shed at least 20 pounds, I cannot make my meals too comforting, that would damage my efforts. Dinner tonight is a quick meal that you can make with your eyes closed.  All of these ingredients are in your pantry I am sure.

Here is what you need:
4 Chicken breasts, split into cutlets if possible or butterflied (season with salt and pepper)
1/4 stick of butter
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 mushrooms sliced - I love mushrooms so I used a ton (or a can of mushrooms)
Rosemary- to taste
Thyme-to taste
Parsley - to taste

All you need to do is:
Melt butter in skillet and cook chicken through. remove chicken and place on a plate, in the same skillet, add 2/3 cup of your chicken stock. Add the herbs and then put mushrooms in skillet, toss around a bit until they have started to brown. Add chicken back to skillet and cover skillet for 6 minutes, add last 1/3 cup of your chicken stock, add 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Cover the skillet again and cook on a low heat for 30-40 minutes. 

Garlic Spinach
Add 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil to sautee skillet. When melted and combined add the garlic to the skillet and blend into oil and butter, add spinach to skillet  toss until completely cooked and serve.

3 comments:

Simply Tasheena said...

I have everything else, I just need to get some heavy cream.

~Mrs. Delightful
ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Three Little Birdz said...

Mrs. Delightful- Please let me know of you try it!

Brandi said...

I love mushrooms! I eat them a lot. Chicken and mushrooms sounds delicious!